The loss of a pet can be extremely difficult, even though we have many cherished memories from the time the pet spent in our lives. On June 10th, pet lovers around the world will be celebrating those cherished times and the memories of pets that have passed. Paws & Pals encourage pet owners to take the time to share a memory of a cherished pet with family and friends.
How can you honor the memory of your pet?
- Create a scrapbook or collage with photos and other reminders of your pet.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter to help other pets.
- Donate to animal shelters in honor of previous pets.
- Plant a tree or a shrub as a living memorial.
- Hold a small memorial service where family and friends can pay their respect to the animal that has touched their lives.
How do you and your loved ones keep the memory of your pets alive?
Post a memorable story about your pet in the comment section below. Also, share photos on our Facebook page.